1. Unbox items and familiarise yourself with the components below
- You will need a power source and an easily accessible water source
- Note: To extend the longevity of your product, we recommend setting the ThriveX tub up in a covered/sheltered space if it is being set up outdoors.
- Pro-Tip: Utilise the protection mat underneath the ThriveX tub, it will act as a protection barrier for both the base of your tub and the Chiller.
2. Locate the air valve and double action pump to begin inflation
- Be sure to attach air hose to the side of the pump that says “Inflate”
- Note: You will use the opposite "Deflate" side of the pump to deflate your tub when necessary.
- Warning: Do not fill tub with water until set up is complete.
3. Begin inflating tub to 10 PSI (Do not exceed 10 PSI)
- Ensure that the air valve pin is in the depressed (out) position before inflating or air will be released when the inflation hose is detached
- ⚠️ Note: Do not over inflate or product damage can occur.
4. Find desired position for your Cold Immersion System
- Find a spot free from debris and position tub on the protection mat
- Leave space for the Chiller
- Pro-Tip: Make sure that your power point is nearby.
- Warning: If connecting outdoors, make sure that your power outlet is weather proof!
5. Connect accessories to ball valves (x2) and attach onto tub
- Connect double nipple connector, followed by elbow connector, and ball valve.
- Ensure rubber gaskets are present inside connectors beforehand; if not, replace with new rubber gaskets to prevent leakage
- Note: Hand-tighten the parts first and ensure that each part has a rubber gasket in place. You may need to lightly tighten the elbow connector with a wrench.
6. Locate the following accessories to begin Chiller setup
7. Insert 20 Micron Filter into filter housing
- Unscrew the filter housing and place the 20 Micron Filter inside
- Be sure to reconnect the filter housing properly
- Pro-Tip: Fill up the filter housing with water before connecting to Chiller; this helps purge excess air in the system at a faster rate.
8. Attach 100 Micron Mesh Filter to red outlet on Chiller
- Twist the metal collar as indicated to connect the 100 Micron Mesh Filter to the Outlet. Install the mesh filter upright, tightening by the collar.
- Confirm that each component is in its correct position as shown below
- Warning: Failure to do clean your mesh filter regularly WILL result in machine malfunction! (Check the 100 Micron Mesh Filter every 5-10 plunges)
- You can now move your chiller into position beside your tub
9. Connect the hoses to their respective locations on the tub and Chiller
- Ensure that there is a rubber gasket inside each end of the four hose connections
- Each hose should connect to the same corresponding colour on both ends
- (Green to Green INLET - Red to Red OUTLET)
- Warning: Make sure you connect the hoses to the correct location. Failure to do so will result in device malfunction and will void warranty.
10. Begin filling your tub to the fill line
- Important: Ensure your water valves are in the open position before turning on the Chiller
- Warning: Failure to reopen valves could result in permanent device malfunction and will void warranty.
11. Turn on Chiller
- Plug the Chilled into a grounded power supply with 13 amp minimum circuit and test the GFCI functionality
- To test your breaker, first flip the toggle switch on the side of the Chiller.
- Now press “Reset” and the switch should flip downwards to turn off. Ensure that your power outlet is "On". Do not continue if this step fails & contact support for assistance.
- If it does turn off, then your breaker is in working condition and you are ready to go!
- You can now turn on the Chiller by toggling the same power switch on the side of the unit and pressing “Power On’ on the display screen.
- The Chiller may take up to 3 minutes to purge air from the system. Once this has been completed, water will pour out from the Water In fitting on the ThriveX tub and begin cooling/heating. The flow rate should be 15+ litres per minute. If the “FL” (Flow) error appears, turn off the unit and repeat step 9.
12. Set to your desired temperature
- Press the "Temp. Toggle" key once and use the +/- arrows to set your desired temperature Press the “Temp. Toggle” key again to confirm the setting chosen
- Pro-tip: We recommend starting out at 15°C / 59°F if you are plunging for the first time
- Your system will idle after reaching your set temperature; it will only restart cooling/heating when it hits the nearest 1°. (i.e. your set temperature is 10°, it will idle at 10° and will not cool again until the water reaches 11°)
- Pro-tip: Set your temperature 1° lower/higher than your desired temp. this will maintain your set temperature with idling in consideration.
13. Get the ThriveX App for remote access
ThriveX App features include:
- Turning your machine on & off
- Controlling the temperature
- Scheduling your Chiller to turn on at a specified day/time
Note: Our Chiller needs to connect to a 2.4Ghz network. If there is an error code "receive device report error = 1/2/3/4 etc." this means your device is unable to connect to the network and is most likely not on a 2.4Ghz network.
- Download the ThriveX App
- Create an account
- Ensure the phone you are using is connected to the Wi-Fi and that the Wi-Fi is a 2.4Ghz network
- Hold the Wi-Fi icon down on the Chiller for 3 seconds and wait for the "beep"
- Tap on add a new device on the ThriveX App
- Type in your wifi password only (The wifi name should autofill; if not, then your phone is not connected to the wifi)
- Name your tub and you're all set.